Before you get started, please be sure to always check out these documentation files. To install this plugin you must have a working version of WordPress already installed and configured on your machine or server. For a detailed guide on installing WordPress, please visit the WordPress Codex installation documentation.
: If using FileZilla as your FTP client, please make sure mode is used. To do this, while in FileZilla, go to Transfer > Transfer mode and make sure Binary is selected.
After plugin activation the main plugin page “Feedback rating” has been created with default slug “feedbacks”. You can change this page title (1) and slug (2) to any other You like in Pages > Feedback Rating (click Edit), as showing below:
To make available this page to find on your site, go to Appearence > Menus and add "Feedback rating" page to needed menu:
For more info on how to setup your menus in WordPress, visit codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_SubPanel
The Feedback rating page is ready to use now! It contains users directory with their ratings:
All received user’s feedbacks and replies with comments are displaying on the one user’s rating page like yoursite/feedbacks/user/user_login (newest updated first) and could be editing from here. New feedbacks are adding here too:
Please, don’t delete "Feedback rating" page, it needed to display user feedback rating page and users rating directory.
But, if You deleted this page on some reasons and would like to restore it, You can just deactivate plugin in Plugins admin screen and activate them again, main plugin page will be created again.
If You are using BuddyPress plugin, You can use BuddyPress members directory to show users ratings instead of Feedback rating page, as described in Plugin Settings section. In this case You don't need to add feedback rating page to your menu.
To set up all plugin settings go to Feedback Rating Pro admin screen.
1. Select user’s roles for applying rating. Useful to exclude administrator or include/exclude your blog specific roles.
2. Define how many users display per page on mane users directory page.
3. Define how many feedbacks display per page on user’s rating page.
4. Change positive, neutral, negative labels.
5. Select rating icons style from Stars, Thumbs, Signs, or upload your custom.
6. Show user total rating in separate (10 positive, 3 negative) or summary (7 positive) style.
7. Define delay before next new rating from "user A" to "user B" can be added (in minutes). 1 day by default (1440 min).
8. Limit total ratings from "user A" to "user B", 0 if unlimited (by default).
9. Add Google translate button to user feedbacks page. Its gives auto translate feature to all displayed feedbacks depending on visitor’s browser language settings.
10. Add Buddypress Activity integration (You need to install Buddypress plugin first) to inform community about new ratings added by Buddypress Activity stream.
11. Add user’s ratings to Buddypress members’ directory page.
The plugin has an Unique smart auto block/unblock algorithm, which help You don't waste a time to block/unblock users manually!
To turn it on go to Settings > Feedback Rating Pro admin screen and set Activate in the block and unblock options:
After this, user will have been blocked when both conditions will take place together:
1. Total Negative feedbacks got by user reach the defined limit (100 by default or what You defined).
2. Positive/Negative user feedbacks ratio is below defined (0.9 by default or what You defined).
This gives You control to how auto block “bad” users.
When You will turn on auto unblock feature, the first time user will has been unblocked after period, defined by You in option “The number of days after user has been blocked to auto unblock this user first time”. Every next auto unblock event for the user will be calculate by progressive formula: the_number_of_days * (unblock_multiplier_base raised to the power of how_many_times_user_has_been_blocked).
Next screenshot show how it works on example:
So, “bad” user is no longer bothers you after he had couple auto blocks.
Auto block/unblock algorithm works without You!
But, if You need, even if this algorithm is turning on, You can block/unblock users manually in bulk action on Users admin page (as described in the next section below).
To Block/unblock users manually go to Users admin screen, select needed users and than select "Block users" or "Unblock users" bulk action, as showing below:
You can add Top 10 users rating widget “Feedback rating Top10” to any widget area supported by your theme. To do it go to Appearance > Widgets admin screen.
You can display Top 10 by positive (default) or by negative rating by setting option as showing below.
You could use next Shortcodes to place user’s rating wherever you like on the site:
1. [fdbr-user id="USER_ID_HERE"] user rating, for current user if no id
2. [fdbr-user-with-link id=" USER_ID_HERE "] user rating with link to user's feedback rating page, for current user if no id
3. [fdbr-user-top10 positive=true] top10 users rating, if false then will be negative top10 (true by default, if no arg)
For further information about using WordPress shortcodes, read the codex shortcode documentation at codex.wordpress.org/Shortcode.
To access plugin settings array use global $Fdbr object in way $Fdbr->options.
You could use next filters for customizing plugin: